Administrator and Clerk
In 1986, the position of City Administrator was created by the City Council to oversee the daily operation of all departments and personnel of the City. The Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and reports directly to the Mayor regarding all City matters. The Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the policy set by the City Council is carried out in a professional, efficient, cost effective and timely manner. The specific powers and duties of the administrator as outlined in the City's Municipal Code are:
- To act as the chief administrative officer and head of the administrative branch of the city government, being responsible to the Mayor and Council for the proper administration of all affairs of the City;
- To attend all meetings of the Council, at which his or her attendance may be required by that body;
- To see that all laws and ordinances are faithfully executed, subject to the authority that the Council may grant the Mayor to maintain law and order in times of emergency;
- To recommend for adoption by the Council such measures as he or she may deem necessary or expedient;
- To prepare and submit to the Council such reports as may be required by that body, or as he or she may deem it advisable to submit;
- To keep the Council fully advised of the financial condition of the City and its future needs;
- To prepare and submit to the Mayor a tentative budget for the fiscal year;
- To perform such other duties as the Mayor and Council may determine by ordinance or resolution.
Clyde Hill City Administrator
Assistant City Administrator - John Greenwood
CITY CLERK and DEPUTY CLERKS
The City Administrator is the official Clyde Hill City Clerk. However, many of the actual day-to-day duties are handled by the City's Deputy Clerks. These two Deputy City Clerks are: Courtney Benjamin and Teri Tupper
Courtney and Teri are the primary contacts at City Hall; they direct phone calls, answer questions and are the ones you will initially chat with when calling or stopping by City Hall. In addition to managing the City Hall office, Courtney and Teri are responsible for the following specific activities.
Courtney works full time at a variety of capacities including: processing accounts payable, support to the City Administrator, Special Projects Coordinator, special events coordinator and staff support and liaison to the City Council and the Planning Commission. Courtney is also the City's Cable TV Coordinator and keeps Channel 21 packed with helpful information.
Teri works full time and is primarily responsible for coordinating the processing of permit applications and variances. Teri is the staff support and liaison for the Board of Adjustment, manages home businesses, writes and edits the City's newsletter 'Clyde Hill Views' and maintains the City's website.
Teri is also the City's Code Compliance Officer and is responsible for the processing, implementation and enforcement of the City's codes and regulations.