General Information

In response to the community's desire to control land use development such as lot size and commercial zoning, Clyde Hill was incorporated as a Town on March 31, 1953, with 971 people and 271 homes. In 1998, Clyde Hill became a non-charter Code City and now finds itself almost fully developed with about 3000 residents and 1100 households.

View - Water 14

The majority of Clyde Hill is zoned for single-family use with the exception of two commercially zoned areas: a gas station and a Tully's Coffee shop. In addition to a small government zone, the City is home to four schools: two public schools - Clyde Hill Elementary and Chinook Middle School; and two private schools: Bellevue Christian School and Sacred Heart School. The City's minimum lot size is 20,000 square feet, although many smaller lots exist which pre-date the incorporation of the City.

Place - Gas Station Place - Tullys

With a top elevation close to 375 feet, the City encompasses an area of about one square mile.Clyde Hill is about 1.5 to 2 miles east of the City of Seattle and is bordered by the cities and towns of Bellevue, Kirkland, Medina, Yarrow Point and Hunts Point. There are approximately 21 miles of public roadway that make Clyde Hill very centrally located within the Seattle - Bellevue metro area.

The community is located at Longitude W122.08, Latitude N47.37 in King County, Washington State.

View - Water 7